Use the 4″ sunlight-readable dual-orientation touchscreen of the Garmin Montana 610 Handheld GPS guide you on your next excursion. You can choose between landscape and portrait modes for the best possible view of the map or data you are trying to interpret. Whether you are traveling by foot, boat, or car the free one-year subscription of BirdsEye satellite imagery helps you reach your destination. An included world basemap features shaded relief to help make physical features stand out.
This unit utilizes both GPS and GLONASS satellites for quicker signal acquisition so you get a fix on your position approximately 20 times faster than GPS alone. The receiver also can interpret Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) signals so you can receive information from terrestrial antennas even when your view of the sky is obstructed. The WAAS system also provides greater position accuracy overall. HotFix satellite prediction cuts down on initial signal acquisition by approximating their positions.
The unit’s built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading even while standing still, no matter how it is positioned. It also houses a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude so you will know your distance from sea level. The GPS comes with a rechargeable battery, or you can use AA batteries.
- Utilizes GPS and GLONASS satellites
- WAAS-enabled receiver
- 3-axis compass
- Barometric altimeter
- Share data with other Garmin units wirelessly
- NMEA 0183
- One-year subscription to BirdsEye satellite imagery
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Paperless Geocaching Software
- Add your own custom points of interest
- 4000-waypoint memory
- microSD card slot lets you add maps
- Paperless geocaching
- Hunting/fishing calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Tide tables with optional Bluechart maps
- Turn by turn routing on roads with optional mapping
- Area calculation
- Compatible with Garmin Basecamp software
- Picture viewer